Title I & Parent Resource Room
If you are interested in checking out educational resources to use with your child, contact Melissa Edgerton or your child's teacher.
Please visit here often for resources and announcements regarding Parent Workshops.
Upcoming Parent Activities:
January 31st @7 PM - PTA/Open House
March 14th @ 7 PM - PTA/Math Night
April 13th - Field Day
Would you like to monitor your child's grades and attendance anytime you wish?
Well, you can. It's simple. First, you have to get the access code(s) for your child(ren). Then, all you have to do is set up your PowerSchool Parent account and download the free app. After logging in, you will get notifications anytime your child's grade changes. It allows you to stay informed all the time. If you are interested in receiving your parent letter, click here to email Mrs. Edgerton.
Would you like access to informative parent videos?
If the answer is yes, you need to sign up for Successful Innovations. Once you register, you will have access to numerous videos and resources for your family. Click here to get started.
Suggestions for Helping with Homework
- Reward time spent on and progress towards completing homework.
- Help your child develop a homework schedule that works for both of you.
- Provide a suitable place for study - if possible, make it quiet and away from distractions.
- Avoid making homework a punishment.
to your child everyday about homework assignments. Go over the work.
See if it is complete. Ask questions about it and take an active part
in helping your child, but don't do the homework yourself.
- Find out how much and what type of homework is being assigned.
- Have high expectations for your child's learning and behavior.
- Be a role model in getting work done before play.
- Establish routines.
- Read to younger children and have them read to you every night.
- Contact your child's teacher to learn specific strategies to help with homework.